Well, well, well. It’s getting closer and closer to (insert gift-giving holiday here), and you’re pretty much done with your shopping, which is amazing! But… there’s that one person who you know better than anyone else in the world, who also happens to be the hardest person in the world to shop for. Who is that person, you ask? Why, it’s your husband! If you never know what to get your husband for Christmas, Father’s Day, Birthdays, etc., then you’ve come to the right place. I’ve taken the time to survey a bunch of men with all sorts of interests (and their wives – the primary gift givers), and I’ve come up with the ultimate gift buying guide! This guide contains a ton of great ideas for the best gifts to get your husband, no matter his interests or personality.
Gift Guide by husband-type!
What to get your husband: The Techie
1. Google Home. This is a brand new product by Google that brings the google assistant to your kitchen counter. With one simple device, you can stream music, control other smart devices in your home, make dinner reservations at popular restaurants, buy movie tickets, and keep track of everything on your calendar.
2. Oculus Rift. If you’ve heard your husband talk about this, then you already know what it is. If you haven’t, it’s a portable virtual reality system, and it is the “must-have” item for any guy who loves technology.
3. Chromecast. This device allows you to stream videos and other media through any TV with an HDMI port using your phone as a controller. It pairs nicely with Google Home and you can’t beat the price!
4. DJI Phantom Drone. This thing is any techie’s dream. This particular model is equipped with a 4K camera (you’re shooting 4K video at up to 30 frames per second and capturing 12 megapixel photos) and the ability to connect the drone to your phone and watch the world from above as you’re flying. Looking for a drone but don’t want to shell out the $800 on this one? Here is a great alternative for less than $100.
5. A Smart watch. Obviously the Apple Watch is the go-to for iPhone users. The Moto 360 2nd Gen is a fabulous option for Android users.
What to get your husband: The Outdoorsman
1. GoPro Hero5. Whether it’s mountain biking, surfing, trail running, skateboarding, or just goofing off in the great outdoors, any adventurous guy will love a GoPro!
2. A new gun. Whether your man is a hunter or just a guy who likes to shoot stuff, a new gun is always a safe bet. Make sure you do your homework, though! If you want to make this gift even better, include a gift certificate to a shooting range and arrange for some guy time for him.
3. Good binoculars. These binoculars are lightweight and great for the hunter in your life.
4. Two way radios. Camping, fishing, backpacking, hunting – you name it, these radios are perfect for it. Built to withstand any and all weather conditions, this is a reliable way to communicate when you’re out of cell service.
5. Leatherman Multitool Set. This is basically a pocket knife on some serious steroids. With seventeen built-in tools and a 25 year manufacturer’s warranty, you can’t go wrong with one of these puppies!
What to get your husband: The Gamer
1. Xbox One S. This is the latest gaming console, boasting better hardware and a slimmer build than the Xbox One. Like the Xbox One, however, it is built to support all your husband’s favorite Xbox 360 classics.
2. Retro Bluetooth Controller. This looks like an old Nintendo controller, but is actually a wireless Bluetooth controller compatible with iOS, Android, and most computers.
3. A Mini Arcade Game. It’s like the fun-sized candybar of arcade games – this miniature arcade machine is perfect for your man’s desk at work. Whenever the stress of the job is getting to him, he can take a five minute break to regroup by playing one of the hundreds of downloadable old-school games. Plus, it just looks cool.
4. Anti-fatigue gaming glasses. These filter out the blue light and reduce eye strain from the glare of a monitor or TV. These are not only great for gamers, but anyone who spends countless hours in front of a TV or computer screen.
5. A good gaming headset. Be careful, though! Most headsets are not universally compatible. If you are looking for a guy who likes computer games, check this one out. If you’re looking for a guy who sticks to his XBox One S, look into this one.
What to get your husband: The Fitness Buff/ Sports Guy
1. Garmin Vivoactive HR Fitness Smart Watch with GPS. This is one of the best fitness watches available today. Equipped with GPS, a heart rate monitor, and the ability to track all sorts of activities from swimming to jogging to golf, the Garmin Vivoactive HR is an amazing gift for the fit guy in your life.
2. Favorite team Jersey. This is a gift you really can’t go wrong with. If you know your guy’s favorite (insert sport here) team and/or player, get him his new “lucky” jersey.
3. Adjustable dumbbells. If your guy loves to lift weights but can’t always make it to the gym, these adjustable dumbbells are a great gift idea. They adjust from 5 to 52.5 lbs, and come in a pair.
4. An iPod. I know, I know… everyone just uses their phones to listen to music these days – but hear me out! An iPod is a great option (especially the shuffle) because they allow your man to get in “the zone” without any interruptions from phone calls or texts. Plus, they are lightweight and you don’t have to wear a bulky armband or worry about dropping them in the middle of your workout.
5. Tickets to the big game. Whatever the big game is, whoever he is rooting for… figure it out, look it up, and surprise him with tickets. He will flip (in a good way, of course!).
What to get your husband: The “Always Safe” Options
1. A watch. Every man needs a few good watches, and watch batteries die fairly often, so this is usually a safe bet.
2. New cologne. Again, cologne is something that virtually every man wears and will use, so if you really can’t find anything you like in the list above, you can do the always-safe cologne.
3. A weekend getaway. Choose a place a few hours away (or even close by), arrange for someone to watch your kids if you have them, and plan a weekend getaway. Don’t forget the lingerie, bubble bath, and reservations at a killer restaurant.
4. Sunglasses. Another safe bet because this is something virtually every person could use.