Hey Everyone, it's Kimberly with Get Away Today and I'm so excited to be here on Mother's Niche to share one of our biggest Disneyland ticket sales and all of the reasons you have to go to Disneyland this year. There is so much going on! Of course, you should also check out The Ultimate Disneyland Planning Guide here for all of the best tips and tricks for your Disneyland vacation.
- It's the last year to experience the Diamond Celebration for Disneyland's 6oth anniversary! The castle is all blinged out, there is exclusive merchandise and limited time menu items, but most of all, there are three amazing nighttime shows. Paint the Night parade is my personal favorite. It is like the old Electric Light Parade on steroids. It *may* continue after the celebration officially ends on September 5, but there's no guarantee. My guess is it will go on, but Disney has been very tight lipped about what will stay and what will go. Disneyland Forever is the incredible fireworks show and it is completely immersive from four different areas of the park. I'm about 50/50 that this one will stick around after the 5th. The final show that is part of the Diamond Celebration is World of Color – Celebrate! which takes some of the special effects from the original show, but gives it a whole new story line and even bigger special effects. Again, I'm not 100%, but if I had to guess, this show will be a goner come September 6th.
- There are two BRAND new attractions that you'll want to see. Frozen LIVE at the Hyperion is a Broadway style musical with special effects that have never been used in live theater before. The show lasts about 45 minutes and Fastpasses go quickly. You'll want to grab one first thing in the morning to make sure you don't miss it. Also, Soarin' Around the World replaced Soarin' Over California and opened just last week. Now you'll get an aerial view of the Swiss Alps, Taj Majal and even Monument Valley in Utah. People have been LOVING it and again, you'll want to grab a Fastpass first thing.
- Star Wars is in full force at Tomorrowland. You can ride Hyperspace Mountain, meet Kylo Ren, watch the entire Star Wars saga condensed into 10 minutes in Path of the Jedi and so much more. It is a complete overlay of Tomorrowland, and has been promoted as limited time, so I don't know how long this will last. Star Tours – The Adventures Continue has a scene from The Force Awakens and right now it is part of every single ride. Since the scenes change and there are well over 50 ride combinations, this probably won't be the case for too much longer. If you're a huge Force Awakens fan, you'll want to get to Disneyland soon.
- Halloween Time is back this year. Last year was a strange one with Halloween Time and the Diamond Celebration combined. This year should be back to 100% Halloween, and it is seriously one of my favorite times of year. The Pumpkin Festival on Main Street is one of the cutest, most festive things I've ever seen, and I love that it is a Halloween celebration that is fun, not gross or scary! You can visit mid-September for fewer crowds. Also, you should note that Mickey's Halloween Party is held on select nights during Halloween Time. Disneyland closes early on those nights and you'll need a separate ticket if you want to go. Tickets include access to most attractions, trick-or-treating, character meet-n-greets, a special parade and seasonal fireworks show. Tickets are normally released for Mickey's Halloween Party in mid-July and they do sell out quickly.
- Holidays at the Disneyland Resort should be back to normal this year as well. The festivities kick off in mid-November and extend through the first week of the New Year. Highlights of the holidays include “A Christmas Fantasy Parade,” the Jingle Cruise overlay, “it's a small world” holiday overlay, Haunted Mansion Holiday and the Believe… in Holiday Magic fireworks display. You can also get seasonal treats and merchandise that you won't find anywhere else.
And as a bonus, we'll throw in another reason to go to Disneyland this year. Get Away Today is having a huge Disneyland ticket sale! You'll save the most with Get Away Today's Adults at Kids' Prices sale that is good this week only! The special is good for all 3-day and longer Park Hopper tickets and also includes one Magic Morning per ticket. You can get the tickets only, but for the most savings, you'll want to combine them with the hotel specials. Get Away Today has a ton of hotels you can choose from and many have extra night free offers and/or exclusive freebies for Get Away Today guests. You have to book by Thursday, June 30thth to take advantage of this offer, so don't wait. Plus, as an added bonus, Mother's Niche readers save an extra $10 off any 2-night or longer package by using promo code: MothersNiche