Good News! We are giving away a Pikle this week! Don’t know what a Pikle is? Your life is about to change! Read on….
Looking for a gift for a baby shower? As a young couple with a limited budget, here are a few items that are hard to purchase yourself (if you have a limited budget), but are super helpful to receive at a baby shower:
1. Swaddle Wraps or a minky blanket. I couldn’t bring myself to buy these for our first baby, because I figured I could do just as well with blankets. Someone gave me some swaddle wraps for my second baby and they changed my world! It’s was so nice not having to get up in the night in my already sleep-deprived state, just to re-swaddle my baby.
2. A wrap/Carrier. This is another thing that I couldn’t justify buying myself, but when I borrowed one of my friend’s wraps I loved being able to carry my baby around in it.
3. Full Coverage Nursing Cover. I dreamed of something like this when I was nursing and now it finally exists! The elastic sleeves make it easy to see baby and adjust as needed, and the sleeves make it possible to burp baby without trying to hurry and pull your shirt down. No more side boob while nursing! I love it. Use Code “NICHE” for $15 off, making it $19.99
4. Bows! If it’s a girl, you really cannot have too many bows. And it can be pricey to stock up on them, so I appreciated every single bow or headband that I received for my babies. Along with this, you can add a cute outfit! Here are some fun ways to gift bows at a baby shower:
5. In A Pikle. These things are on of the most GENIUS gifts for busy moms! It’s a compact organizer for all those items you would need for life’s little emergencies, or when you are “in a pikle” I LOVE mine. I keep it in the car so that I always have things handy when I need them: things like, wipes, tissues, rubberbands, a mini screwdriver, tweezers, bobby pins, hand sanitizers, everything! You can pick a customized Pikle, or you can customize it, or you can buy it empty and fill it with your own essentials! I would have died for one of these as a new mom! WANT TO WIN ONE?? Visit the Pikle site and comment below telling me which one is your favorite and what you would want in it! Giveaway ends 02/06/15
6. A Video Monitor. This is another thing that would have been really awesome to receive! I bought an old used monitor at a yard sale because I couldn’t justify spending the money, but I would have slept so much better had we had one. I woke up so many times in the night wondering if my baby was still breathing, or if she was okay, or why the house was so quiet. I would have saved myself from waking her up from her nap had I been able to peer at the video monitor to check on her rather than walking into her room. I recently got the Levana Sophia video monitor, which is both awesome and affordable.