Exercise is important to your physical, emotional, and mental well being. But with all you have going on in a busy day, it’s not always easy to find time to exercise.
Exercise doesn’t have to be complicated. If you are having a hard time squeezing in a workout, here are six family friendly ideas to help make it work:
- Exercise with your Kids: Get outside and move with you kids. A simple routine of jumping jacks, sit-ups, push-ups, or jump rope in the back yard is a great way for everyone to get some exercise. You can also have your kids ride a bike or roller blade with you while you go for a run. Going hiking out in nature is another way to get exercise with your children. Along with the hike, you can make a game for your children to find certain things like a flower, ants, or a stick shaped like an animal.
- Exercise at Home using Smartphone Apps: You can also download some smartphone exercise apps to use to follow along to. There are a lot of these apps that you can download for hardly any money at all. Here are a few apps you can choose from Nike Training Club, GAINFitness, Fitness Buddy.
- Use a Jogging Stroller: Jogging strollers are the perfect multi-tasking tool for busy moms. It’s a great way for both you and your child to get out of the house and get some extra activity. Not only will your child love it, but you will get the dual benefits of cardio and strength training by pushing the stroller while you are running. The vast majority of moms prefer the BOB
- Use a Baby Carrier: If you have a newborn, a baby carrier is a great way to go for a walk outside. You will get your exercise in and will have some body to body contact with your baby.
- Gym membership with child care: If there is a gym close to where you live, check to see if they offer child-care. You can get in a good workout while your kids play and have fun while under supervision. Most gyms with childcare offer structured activities or a child fitness program, so your kids can reap the benefits of a good workout too.
- Make exercise a must: Above all, make sure you make exercising a must do! If you don’t build it in as part of your routine, it’s easy for exercise to fall to the bottom of your list of things to do. If you can’t get out, find some free exercise videos on your T.V. or laptop. Set a goal and stick to it.
At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!