Animal Kingdom Rides are not as nearly plentiful as Magic Kingdom, but that’s part of the draw to the park. It’s more about the experience, and less about the number of Animal Kingdom rides you can conquer. Having less rides however, doesn’t mean you need to be less strategic about where you use your FastPass choices. Since you will get 3 options, I’ve outlined all the most popular Animal Kingdom Rides here so that you can make the best choice possible. I don’t recommend using your FastPass selections on any of the shows, since the theaters are quite large and you typically don’t need a FastPass to get into them.
Other Articles you might be interested in:
- Tips For Taking Young Kids to Disney World
- Tips for Universal Studios Orlando
- Printable Line Boredom Busters
- The Best DIY Disney Autograph Books
*ALSO…if you haven’t already purchased your tickets…We always check Disney World Hotel Deals on Trip Advisor so that we can get a good comparison across the board and get the best deal.
Without further adieu…
Animal Kingdom Rides you are going to want FastPasses for:
- Kilimanjaro Safaris. If you aren’t absolutely positive that you are going to get to the park early and ride the Kilimanjaro Safari very first, then you should probably get a Fast Pass for it. It’s the best ride in the park in my opinion, and kind of the icon ride for what the park is all about. Our first time riding it we got to the park 40 minutes after opening and had a 40 minute wait (Fast Passes were gone), but it was totally worth it. It’s a longer ride so your wait feels paid off. It’s like riding a real Safari jeep through the Savanna and it’s best to ride in the morning when the animals are more alert. If you plan to be at the park when it opens, you can ride this ride first and save your FastPasses for other rides.
- Avatar Flight of Passage. The rides in the new Pandora land are still relatively new, so they are going to have longer wait times for quite a while. I recommend a Past Pass for both of them, but especially Avatar which had a wait time of almost 3 hours on the day we attended. Similar to the Soarin’ ride, but you will be riding the back of a mountain banshee. There are seating restraints on this one for particular body sizes/shapes so make sure you check yourself on the example before getting in line.
Na’vi River Journey. This Animal Kingdom ride, is part of the Pandora land and is great for all ages so is an excellent FastPass choice! Float the bioluminescent rainforest with your whole group!
If you walked straight to Kilimanjaro Safaris when you walked into the park, you will still have a FastPass left. This is the next most popular ride to use it on:
Expedition Everest. If you are going off wait times, Expedition Everest is going to be your next best bet for sure. Similar to something like the Matterhorn, it has a Height restriction of 44″, so if your kids are smaller, you will go with one of the next suggestions for Animal Kingdom Rides.
Now that we have covered these first 4 most popular rides, the next two suggestions don’t have to be taken in order.
Dinosaur. This one will take you on a ride on a Land Rover through prehistoric times to save a dinosaur from extinction. Not super scary, but it’s kind of dark and if your kids are scared of dinosaurs they might not like it.
Primeval Whirl. This one has a lot of curves, drops and spins, but the kids love it and it’s probably the next best bet as far as popular Animal Kingdom Rides.
Hope this was helpful! All the ride info with images are just screenshots from Disney’s app, so make sure and download it on your phone before your trip!
Save These Animal Kingdom Ride Tips for Later: