The average American will spend over two years of their lifetime standing in line. If you’ve ever been to Disneyland, it might feel like you’re standing in each line for much, much longer than that, so we’ve put together some tips for how to beat the lines at Disneyland. You’re welcome. 😉
1.Get to the park when it opens, and go straight for the popular rides that don’t offer fast passes. This is the shortest those lines will be, so make sure you get there quick!
2. Use fast passes. At most parks, fast passes are available for an additional cost. Disneyland, however, allows everyone to benefit from the use of fast passes. Just make sure you get your fast passes for the most popular rides first, as they do sell out (Radiator Springs Racers in California Adventure is one that sells out pretty quickly).
At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
3. *This only works for those of you with small children* Use each parent’s park ticket to get fast passes for two separate rides. Disneyland has a limit on the number of fast passes you can be holding at one time, so this is a way to beat that system. Have one parent wait in the fast pass line with their fast pass, then ask for a rider swap pass for the other parent. We did this a couple of times and it worked out great.
4. Ride during dinner time and large event times (ex: parades and popular shows). Things at the park really slow down during dinner time ( usually between 5:00 and 7:00) and parade times (these vary, just check Disney’s website for parade event times). This is a great time to get in line for the rides that are usually packed. You will still have a wait, it will just be 30-45 minutes instead of an hour and a half.
5. Go to the park during the off-season. Less people at the park means less time standing in line.
6. Take advantage of the single rider lines. If you’re open to splitting up with your pals, the single rider line is a sure-fire way to cut down on wait times, especially on the popular rides.
7. Invest in a character dining experience. Character dining is definitely the way to go if you want to beat the lines. Ariel’s Grotto in California Adventure and Goofy’s Kitchen in Disneyland are two favorite character dining options.
If you go through Get Away Today, you can buy your Character Dining tickets in advance, which will save you money on Tips AND Tax (which are quite a bit for Character Dining). I would highly advise booking your whole trip through them, because they can almost always get you the very best deals on hotel AND park tickets (sometimes even a night free on your hotel or even free parking depending on where you stay) We have booked through them for 3 years now and have always had the greatest experience (They have stayed at all the hotels so they know which ones are best). They price match too which is great. If you go that route, use MOTHERSNICHE for an extra $10 off.
Have you found any great ways to beat the lines at Disneyland? Let us know your tips and tricks in the comments!