I've had several of you ask if I would do a post on gift ideas for women. I've yet to do so because most of my readers are women, but feel free to share this list with your male friends and help a sister out! I'd also love for you to contribute ideas of your own.
These gift ideas are not one-size-fits-all. You have to know your lady a bit in order to know which one of these will fit with her best. If she hates being in the kitchen, buying a kitchen gadget is not going to a smart choice 🙂
Gift Ideas For Women
- Sentimental Love Notes. I have to start with the gift that has made me cry twice. When we were dating, my husband filled a contained with little slips of paper and labeled it, “101 Things I Love About You.” It was so cute and I have kept every single slip of paper. He did it again a few years ago, and then once again for my birthday this month (only this time he did it in a letter form). Whatever you give your gal, a sincere note or letter will top it off in the most meaningful way. Take the time to really think about the little things you love about her!
At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
- BlendTec. I don't think anything in my kitchen is closer to my heart than my BlenTec. It is by far my most used appliance! I've used it for hundreds of smoothies, and I've also used it for soups, batters, dressings, grinding flour, making almond milk, and a few other things. It can even make ice cream, although I haven't tried that yet. Before I bought it I had intended to get a VitaMix because that's what my mom and sister both owned, but the guy at Costco told me BlenTecs lasted way longer and never got returned. Sure enough, my mom's Vitamix broke down and she went back to Costco and traded it for a Blentec. Seriously, if your girl spends any amount of time making food in the kitchen, she will LOVE the Blendtec. Unlike most appliances, I have never heard of ANYONE buying one of these and not using it all the time. There is just too much that it can do. You can get one on Blendtec's website, or Amazon!
- A Kindle Fire. I will forever remember the Christmas that I received my Kindle. My husband and I had both agreed to forego giving each other presents that year due to financial difficulties. We agreed on a $20 budget for our stockings and that was it. Well, he cheated and found a way to get me a Kindle Fire. I was mad at him for cheating, but totally ecstatic about the Kindle! The fun thing about the Kindle Fire is that it also doubles as a tablet. If your gal likes to read this is a great one for allowing her to read on-the-go without having to carry around any books with her. An Amazon Prime Membership is a great gift for women that already have a Kindle because it allows her to rent books from Amazon every month for free. My Prime membership pays for itself a hundred times over, message me if you're interested in my experience with it.
- Ticket To Ride. Oh man do I love to travel. Not just because I like to go places, but because it is special time away and trips always bring special time together and lasting memories. I don't know how many years it will be before we can make it happen, but one day my husband will surprise me with a cruise or a trip to Hawaii and excitement to the max will fill my heart. I might even do a happy dance. If your wife likes the game “Ticket to Ride,” that might be a really fun way to present her with the surprise trip. Play the game together, and then at some point during the game give her a REAL ticket to ride. She'll never forget it!
- Fun Kitchen Gadgets. If your girl is anything like me, she has a list of fun kitchen gadgets she would like to one day own. This Pot Strainer is currently one that's on my list, as well as a Food Saver for freezer meals. Some other fun ones might be onion goggles (if your girl hates cutting onions), avacado slicer (For the avacado-lover) pineapple slicer, or the zester. Most of these are small enough for stocking stuffers or Easter baskets.
- Gift of Your Time. Giving the gift of your time can also make for one of the most meaningful gifts because it shows you have been listening to her. This last year my husband and heard me say that I wish my computer wasn't so slow. For my birthday he took the time to get it working nicely again and backed up all of my files. Last year he knew I really wanted something painted and worked many hours getting it done for me. Start listening to see if your girl has something she wants done, wishes she could do, or wants to be a part of. My brother-in-law heard his girlfriend say that it was her dream to play the Organ in a particular historic music hall that had meaning for her. He made the arrangements to make it happen and it turned out to be quite the surprise!
- a Groupon certificate for a massage or spa service. Even if your gal isn't in to massages, chances are she would love a pedicure!
- Maid service/ babysitting. If she has kids, chances are she could use a break. Hire a babysitter and send her out for a girl's night or a shopping trip. If you really want to go above and beyond, hire a one-time maid cleaning service. I remember asking a friend how her birthday was one year and she very excitedly exclaimed, “MY HUSBAND BOUGHT ME MAID SERVICE!!! I'm THRILLED.”
- Gift Cards. If your lady loves shopping, do not–I repeat–DO NOT try to buy her clothing! Just give her a gift card to her favorite store. She'll love it, really.
Alright ladies! Comment with some more ideas. What have been some of your favorite gifts?
This post is sponsored by Total Beauty Supply. Keep watch on my Facebook page for a Total Beauty Supply Giveaway!