Are you aching to break out of the Dinner and a Movie routine? Here you will find a list of Unique, Fun, Romantic and Hilarious dates that will bring unforgettable memories! Make your marriage better than ever by planning dates, and investing time in your marriage.
♥ Print all the pages of dates and cut them out. Print and cut all the month labels and attach them to the envelopes. Organize them into the envelopes. I try to plan 1 or 2 “go out” dates in each envelope and then organize the “stay in” dates so there are at least 4 dates in each month.
A YEAR OF DATES:
At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
- Play NAME THAT TUNE on pandora shuffle: Get a bag of treats (M&M‘s, Mike and Ikes, Whoppers, etc..) pull up pandora and put it on shuffle. Then start the game. The first one to name the artist/band and the name of the song wins (a treat for each).
- Look up Childhood neighborhoods and share FAVORITE MEMORIES: Use google Earth and pull up you childhood neighborhoods. Take turns telling stories. This was so much fun!
- WHIPPED CREAM lovin‘: Get creative with whipped cream. Better eat it before it melts!
- Have a PICNIC in the park: Grab a blanket and pick up Chinese take out. Enjoy a romantic picnic, watching the clouds roll by and the sunset melt away.
- Make SALT WATER TAFFY: Get the recipe here! Work together and have an old fashion taffy pull. This is really fun! My husband used to make taffy with his Grandma and it was fun to hear his sweet memories.
- Play MINUTE TO WIN IT Games: Look up fun and easy contest you can have with things you have around the house. Cup stacking, sucking candy in straw and dropping in another bowl, keeping balloons in the air using only your feet, cookie crawl across your face into your mouth. There are hundreds of ideas online.
- Make a BUCKET LIST of things to do together: Come up with a list of goals and dreams you want to share. FIJI and IRELAND, here we come!
- ICE SKATING date: We just went ice skating for our Anniversary and it was so fun. It was hilarious to be whipping our arms around to try to keep our balance and almost running over little kids. My tears from laughing so hard were freezing to my face. Dress warm and wear thick socks. It was so funny to freeze in the rink and then walk outside and it is 110* Phoenix heat.
- Make a TERRARIUM: Find the details for this here! These are beautiful and make a lovely decoration in your home. They are easy to assemble, fun to work together to make a fresh new addition of decor to beautify your home.
- How about a BUBBLE BATH: When is the last time your soaked in suds together. Pick out a yummy scent and take a dip!
- Make FRESH SALSA: Gather you ingredients and spend the evening dicing and dipping into yummy fresh salsa. We love making our own tortilla chips too!
- Art Night WATERCOLOR: If your family is anything like ours you may have 15 opened watercolor palettes hanging around the house. Break them out and have an art night while watching a watercolor tutorial. You'd never guess this could be so much fun.
- Make COOKIES TOGETHER: Make your favorite cookie recipe. Sample the cookie dough. Get crazy and have a flour fight. Do cookie monster imitations. The possibilities are endless.
- Make a BUCKET LIST: This is a personal bucket list unlike the other. This time focus on things you want to do to become a better WIFE or HUSBAND.
- DRESS UP for Dinner: Wear formals. Break that fancy dress out of your closet or borrow one from a friend. Go out to a restaurant while everyone there tries to figure out what the special occasion is.
- Go out for ICE CREAM: With the other person in mind, create each others dreamiest dessert.
- Make a BED FORT: Find some string and your largest bed sheet and tie up a tent made just for two. Add some Christmas lights and turn off the lights for some extra romance.
- Backyard STARGAZING: Get a blanket to lay out on the grass and others to bundle in. Watch for shooting star and search for constellations. Nothing like laying under the stars with the man who puts the twinkle in your eye.
- Take cheesy ANNIVERSARY PICTURES: Think of the silliest, cheesiest and most ridiculous engagement pictures you have every seen and duplicate them together.
- GUMMY BEAR eating contest: Before you just start shoving them in your mouth, let's have a little fun with this! Gently rub the back of each bear with a drop of water than stick them all over yourself. Break out the timer and eat them off of each other. Enjoy your treat!
- BUBBLE GUM BLOWING contest: Have contests for: first one to blow a bubble, smallest bubble, longest stretch, loudest pop, the most mini pops, and of course the largest bubble.
- PAPER AIRPLANE contest: Each of you look up a youtube tutorial on the best paper airplane and have contests for distance, height, loops, and so on. This was hilarious and super fun!
- Write your LOVE STORY: Make a list of all your milestone moments with a few details, all your first's! The day you met, first date, first time you held hand, first kiss, proposal, wedding date. Then make a subway art style story with all your memories.
- BOOKSTORE Scavenger hunt: Find a bunch of fun ways to have a scavenger hunt here! This is really fun!
- Dessert by CANDLE LIGHT: Get out this dusty candle holders and light up some fire. Have a romantic, quiet, dessert after the kiddos are asleep.
- List FAVORITE MEMORIES together: Take a walk down memory lane. Talk about your first thought when you met each other, your favorite dates and anniversaries, etc…
- TRY NEW OUTFITS: Dress up for some indoor romance. Pick out some new fancy pieces and find him something hot to wear too. You'll be surprised how much he likes dressing up too.
- Design your DREAM HOME: Find some graph paper or check out some free home design programs. This was so fun. design a home with all your dreamy living spaces and details.
- Make TOFFEE ALMONDS: These are delicious and so easy. Here you will find a yummy recipe for this yummy treat!
- Play MINUTE TO WIN IT games: Because there are so many options I put it in twice. We have played these several times and can always find something new and fun to do. Look up fun and easy contests you can have with things you have around the house. There are hundreds of ideas online.
- Make ROOT BEER FLOATS or Root beer taste testing: You know how to make a root beer float, but have you ever tried root beer testing. Get 10-20 different brands or root beer. Label each bottle from one to 10 (or 20) then label the empty small sample size cups the same. Then pour in root beer to each corresponding cup. Sample them one by one while writing your thoughts and by the end you might love a different brand than you thought.
- DOLLAR STORE scavenger hunt: Search for things like: something that is the same color as her eyes, something that reminds you of him, game you played as a child, a greeting card to make each other laugh, etc… Make a list of 1o items each and race to find. Then meet up again and take turns showing the items to each other.
- Make a TIME CAPSULE: Think about the things that are happening in your life. Meaningful memorabilia that represent your relationship. Things like the key to your first home or apartment, movie ticket stub, sea shell from a beach trip, picture of you two in a photo booth, letters to each other.
- Go to the ZOO: No one is ever too old to walk around and enjoy beautiful animals. Participate in some of the fun interactive exhibits like feeding the giraffes or touching the sting rays.
- JUMP ROPE CONTEST: Do different contest: most jumps in a minute, the most jumps without stopping, best routine, backwards jumps in a row, etc.. Exercise is more fun when your laughing!
- Write LOVE NOTES: Write little note on cards, sticky notes, or small pieces of paper. Secretly hide them places that each other will find them. In shoes, in the driver's seat, dashboard, sock drawer, under pillow, in work shirt pocket, etc… It is always fun to be sneaky!
- MOVIE NIGHT at home: Have a movie night at home snuggled under a warm blanket eat delicious popcorn with white chocolate and sprinkles on it! Yum!
- Theater MOVIE NIGHT: Eat Nachos and warm churros while watching a new film together. Don't forget to snuggle up and steal a kiss!
- Take PHOTO BOOTH pictures: You can find booths in malls and movie theaters. Plan some funny poses and end with a kiss! Keep the pictures displayed in a frame or attached to a mirror as a reminder of a fun might together!
- Visit an ANTIQUE STORE: My husband and I love to walk around to see the antiques. Look for thing you played with as a child or is from the year you were born. Do an antique store scavenger hunt! Or browse the isles!
- Make homemade ICE CREAM: I made this easy freezer bag ice cream with my kids and it was delicious and so yummy! Toss the bag back and forth with oven mitts to keep you hands warm. It's really fun!
- Have a NERF GUN WAR: I have been aching to try this one. My son got a set of two guns and a ton of darts for Christmas! Have a sign on the garage door when he gets home from work as well as a gun with extra darts. “Arm Yourself!” When he walks in prepare to fire while chasing each other around the house!
- Learn how to MOON WALK: You can't tell me you have never wanted to learn how to MOON WALK! My husband and I watched a Youtube video to teach these sweet dance moves. It was hilarious! My husband figured it out and rocked our toy cover, tile dance floor. I never did get it but it was one of our funnest dates ever!
- Go to a HAUNTED HOUSE: Make sure to save this one for October. It is frightening and creepy but you have your handsome man's strong arm to hold on to.
I hope these dates make you laugh and love each other even more than before! I know they have for us! Invest your time and energy into your marriage! It is the most important relationship you will ever have!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ GET THE FREE PRINTABLES HERE! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
What are some of YOUR favorite date ideas?!