I’ve become addicted recently to my kitchen counter spray and it’s made me want to make a bunch more of my own DIY household cleaners! I use essential oils a lot for various health stuff, but I love them most for cleaning! I’ve decided there’s really no reason to use any harsh chemicals anymore now that I have access to essential oils, especially since they clean purify and disinfect (they aren’t just for smelling good)!
Kitchen Counter Spray
This kitchen spray puts me in such a good mood because it smells lovely! I love to add Citrus Bliss to many of my homemade cleaners because it makes the room smell like Orange Dream Machine from Jamba Juice! Here’s how I make my basic kitchen spray (for the oils, use 10-15 drops):
- Purify (eliminates odors and cleans the air)
- Citrus Bliss (cleanses, disinfects, and uplifts mood)
- Lemon, Lime, Wild Orange, or even grapefruit oil (I use various combinations).
*Sometimes I even spray this in the baby room after changing a poopy! Gotta clean that air!!!
Grime and Residue
- Use a sponge, a little baking soda and some lemon oil or lemon juice. Lemon oil is also great for removing sticky labels off of jars as well as boosting mood and cleaning the air.
Here are some other household cleaning recipes from around the web:
- Shaving Scrub. This one actually comes from me and it is the only product I will ever use for shaving now! I used to always get razor burn so I would just avoid shaving cream in general, but this shave scrub made out of sugar and coconut oil is amazing!
- Deodorizing Discs. Perfect for deodorizing diaper pails, laundry rooms, bathrooms, or even under the kitchen sink!
- Miracle Window Cleaner. I’ve seen this recipe everywhere and everyone say that it is the best!
- DIY Grout and Tub cleaners, Dusting Spray, Toilet Bowl Cleaner and All-Purpose Cleaner. This site has it all!
- DIY Fabric Softener. Who knew you could avoid buying fabric softener and dryer sheets with some wool yarn and pantyhose?
- Homemade Laundry Detergent (super fast, no grading)!
- Swamp Cooler. Who even has a swamp cooler these days? Oh wait…we do! And it definitely needed a good cleaning before we turned it on this year! We used this to clean our swamp cooler this year and for the first time it smelled so clean and fresh when we turned it on! Success!
- DIY Headlights Cleaner. Don’t let the auto shops fool you, you can have clean sparkly headlamps in minutes!
- Brilliant Bathroom Cleaners. Yay for DIY bathroom cleaners!
You might also enjoy my post on DIY Pest Control if you hate spiders as much as I do!
What are YOUR favorite DIY Household Cleaners?