It’s officially summer around here! We are so excited for the warm weather, and I have been trying to think up various activities that would be fun for the toddler, baby and I.
This week it was my goal to come up with as many activities as possible using the same products: paint and spray bottles. Here are a few that we did:
DIY Washable Spray Paint + Other Summer Boredom Busters
1. One day I filled spray bottles with water and asked my toddler to “clean” various things outside: her cozy coupe, the picnic table, the dirt….whatever would keep her busy.
At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
2. Another day we made washable spray paint. We actually did this two different days. I put washable kid’s paint into spray bottles and watered it down a little bit so it had more of a liquid consistency. The first day I did spray bottles from the dollar store and that was a mistake. They didn’t spray very well. I almost thought the whole idea was a flop, but then I decided to spend an extra buck on some nicer spray bottles and they worked great!
I ended up very grateful that it really was washable because I forgot to tell her that the car was off-limits (luckily it was only a few sprays). We had fun spraying the side-walk, and switching the spray bottle settings from “spray” to “stream.”
3. After a good amount of spray painting, I filled a paint palette with a bunch of colors and let her just go to town using the paint with her hands.
4. On another day when we pulled out the washable spray paints, I also pulled out the sponge painters and let her have fun with those.
The paint dotters were perfect for teaching shapes as they came shaped as stars, circles, squares, flowers, etc.
5. This one technically shouldn’t count since it didn’t use the spray bottles or the paint, but it was very thrifty! I wasn’t in the mood for washing up a bunch of paint today, so I filled up a cup of water and gave her the jumbo paint brushes. I had her “paint” the sidewalk and picnic table with WATER! So fabulous. And so not messy. We had already had a change of clothes today and I wasn’t up for another. This activity was perfect.
What are some of your summer boredom busters?
*Product was provided for review purposes. Opinions are my own
Are you short on cash this summer? I’ve teamed up with some of my blogging friends to offer you a cash giveaway! Cross your fingers!
MUST ENTER THROUGH RAFFLECOPTER ENTRY FORM BELOW.
PLEASE BE PATIENT SOMETIMES IT MAY TAKE A WHILE TO LOAD.
A Dash of Sanity
High Heels & Grills
Look By Liz Lewis
Jenny At Dapper House
My Mommy Style
Fry Sauce & Grits
Play. Party. Pin.
Live Like You Are Rich
DETAILS OF GIVEAWAY:
STARTS FRIDAY, MAY 23RD 8AM MST & ENDS SUNDAY, JUNE 1ST 11:59PM
WINNER WILL BE PAID VIA PAYPAL, IF THE WINNER DOES NOT HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT THE WINNER MAY THEN CHOOSE TO BE PAID VIA AN AMAZON GIFTCARD.
WINNER WILL BE NOTIFIED ON MONDAY, JUNE 2ND THEY WILL HAVE 24 HOURS TO RESPOND OR ANOTHER WINNER WILL BE SELECTED. WE WILL VERIFY YOUR WINNING ENTRY BY CHECKING TO SEE IF YOU ARE FOLLOWING ON INSTAGRAM.