I’m sending a child off to kindergarten this year, which means it must be documented with a first day of kindergarten sign! Since I’m cheap and don’t like paying for printables, I made my own. If you missed last year’s First Day of School Signs, I made a free cursive option (although if you use last year’s you will need to white out the date or cut it off).
This year’s first day of kindergarten sign is bold and colorful! Hope you enjoy! And don’t forget to check out our easy school lunch ideas while you are here!
First Day of Kindergarten Sign (plus all other grades)
If any of your kids are nervous, or not looking forward for school to start, having a fun photo shoot in their back to school clothes can help ramp up the excitement! I like to do photo shoots with the back to school signs before school actually starts, because the first day of school can be chaotic. This also gives me plenty of time to photograph my kid’s different personalities (see below). I also know that it might be a struggle figuring out good photo ideas with your First Day of Kindergarten Sign, so the photo list below should be helpful; especially because the first day of school can be stressful between the first day of school outfits to getting out the door on time.
At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
- Personality Picture: Let your kid’s personality show (you’ll see the goofiness and cuteness coming out from my pictures below)!
- The Traditional: On the front porch with backpacks on.
- The Distressed: Sometimes the first day of school is distressing, it’s okay if your kid frowns… looks scared… or even cries. It’s important to catch the great moments and the not so great moments.
- The Celebration: Some kids love school. Let them celebrate. Turn on some dance music and let the picture taking begin.
- The Parent Celebration: Lately, the internet has gone wild with not only the first day of school pictures but also pictures of parents celebrating their children’s first day of school. Just google it for a good laugh.
If your kids are lacking excitement, you might also try these 6 Ways to Get Your Child Excited For the New School Year.
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ GET YOUR FREE PRINTABLES HERE ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
first day of school (generic-no grade)
Want to pin your first day of kindergarten sign (Or other grade) for later? Pin the image below!