If you haven't seen our previous posts, we are participating in the LIGHTtheWORLD initiative for Christmas this year. If you missed the intro, here's what it's all about:
I have been looking forward to this so much this year! Last year, I got too wrapped up into the materialism of Christmas, and I vowed not to repeat myself this year. You can see what my family will be doing on each of the different days here: Light the World: 25 Ways in 25 Days
Day #10 is about how Jesus Helped Others to Walk, and so can we! See some creative ideas below:
At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
- Jesus Helped Others to Walk and So Can I:
- Visit the Elderly
- Walk to a main street and hand out treats to those who WALK by. Considering using our kindness pass along cards.
- Shovel and salt sidewalks or driveways so that others can walk safely
- Find out if a nearby hospital will let you take wheelchair patients for a walk around the halls.
- Gather shoes and socks and donate to a homeless shelter
- Offer to “walk” to the grocery store for a mom with young kids so she doesn't have to
- Take young kids for a walk
What ideas do YOU have to help others walk??