I have a love-hate relationship with technology, especially concerning cell phones. I love my navigation system and that getting lost is a thing of the past (for the most part), and I love being able to quickly look up business phone numbers, movie showtimes, recipes, and even random facts about daily life.
However, there are things that concern me. Now that cell phones are so common, they are owned by children at teens at younger ages. Harmful websites and predators are just a click away. Many are so into “texting” and social media that they shut out the real world.
I was super excited to hear about the company called Kajeet that offers some really cool prepaid cell phones for kids with the option of parental controls and GPS location services. I would feel totally comfortable giving my teen a cell phone with some of these restrictions set up.
At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
My favorite things about Kajeet are:
- GPS location. Do your kids need to be somewhere at a certain time? Did you leave them with a nanny or babysitter? All Kajeet phones come with the GPS locator, which gives parents the peace of mind of knowing that their kids are where they are supposed to be. For younger kids, this would be awesome anytime they are left with babysitters, in busy public places where they could get lost, or walking home from school. As for teens, each child is different, but there are some fairly obvious reasons why a GPS locator could come in handy 🙂 GPS locator can be included in monthly service plans, or used on an “as-needed” basis.
- With parental controls, you can manage what websites can be accessed, as well as what times of day the cell phone can be used. This is helpful for school hours when kids shouldn’t be using their phones, or for late night hours when kids should be sleeping. This is also helpful for preventing access to pornography or other harmful websites.
- Is your kid supposed to be studying? You can set restrictions so that the only calls that come through are from mom and dad! You can also set restrictions on phone purchases to avoid unwanted purchasing of games, ringtones, etc.
- Phones can be purchased directly from the Kajeet website, but I love that you can also bring in any eligible Sprint phone (if you already have one) and start a plan with that!
- Phones Kids Want. If you don’t have a Sprint phone that you are wanting to use, you can also purchase most of the popular phone models from the Kejeet website to use with their services.
How awesome is that?
If you are looking into getting a phone for your teen or child, here’s a few other reasons why parents choose Kajeet:
- Affordable plans starting at $4.99/month
- No activation fees
- No termination fees
- No long-term contract
- No hassles if you need to change your plan. If you want to reward your child with extra minutes, you can do so! Change your plan whenever you need to!
Go to the Kajeet website to check coverage for your area.