We all know Jr. High can be fun but most of our memories probably relate to being awkward, goofy and struggling to find who we are. It is a crazy time with hormones raging and each teen dealing with their own struggles. My oldest daughter is starting Jr. High this fall and my goal is to keep the drama down, keep her a sweet and cheerful young lady, and avoid as much of the CrAZy as possible. I have come up with a Middle School Survival Kit for girls that I believe will help with a lot of the everyday challenges in the life of a tween and teen.
HOW TO MAKE a Middle School Survival Kit:
Small Middle School Survival Kit: AKA Lady Days Emergency Kit
At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
When I made my kit I put the underwear inside of the plastic bag. The bag is important because if you do have need to change out your underwear you need a place to put your dirty ones.
Larger Middle School Survival Kit: AKA Locker Kit
- Ladies day essentials in a plastic baggie
- Lotion: Who doesn’t need lotion?
- Floss: Avoid embarrassing food in your teeth
- Toothbrush/toothpaste: This is especially great if you have braces or a retainer to clean after lunch
- Hair ties: Great of hot days or test days when hair gets in the way
- Tissues: For colds, allergies or a best friend drama
- Gum: Because in Jr High it is essential!
- Nail Clippers/ Nail files: Never know when you will break a nail!
- Deodorant: Worst thing when you realize you forgot to put some on that morning.
- Q Tips: Touching up makeup
- Electric Razor: Ever noticed later that you missed a spot?
- Concealer: Perfect for when pimples pop up during the day.
- Tylenol: headaches
- Ibuprofen: Cramps
- Body Spray
- Emergency Contact list: Numbers in case your phone dies
- Cash: for lunch $ or snack for the vending machine to get you through the day
Good luck to all you Mama's of Teens! We can do it! And you are awesome!
What items would YOU add to the Middle School Survival Kit?