We are about to go on a little mini road trip (as we do often), and I wanted to be prepared with something easy and fun for the girls to munch on. We try to maintain a healthy lifestyle when we are one the road by minimizing fast food and bringing stuff with us. This also allow for less stops and faster arrival times 🙂
I saw that Horizon has come out with some new kids snack products and I thought it would be fun to implement them into a snack mix for the kids. I love that horizon products have simple organic ingredients that you can recognize.
If you are keeping this snack mix at your house you can put it in a large cookie/snack jar with a scoop, or if you are using the snack mix for travel you can use a large Ziploc bag or individual snack cups. We actually use both when we are traveling. I put all the contents into a large ziploc bag and then scoop the snack mix into individual snack cups and give them refills at certain points in our trip (rest stops, after an activity, etc.).
At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Here is what I used in my snack mix:
- Horizon Sandwich Crackers
- Horizon Snack Grahams
- A Few Yogurt-Covered Raisins
- Freeze Dried bananas and blueberries
Here are some ideas for some other great products to add to your snack mix:
- Horizon Fruit Crunchers
- Nuts (if your kids are old enough)
- Horizon Fruit Snacks
- Peanut Butter Chips or Marshmallows (I opted out of these because I didn't want too much sugar in mine)
- Horizon Apple Clusters (I REALLY wanted these in my snack mix but I couldn't find them at my local store. I assume we will get them soon though).
What's YOUR Favorite Road Trip Snack??
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organics. The opinions and text are all mine.