Christ was our perfect example of serving with humility. He never asked for praise or recognition To serve with humility means to do it for love and kindness and not for praise. A fun way to do this is to do “secret service”. At the end of the post there is a list of ideas to get you started. Sneak around the house doing kind things without being asked. It is so much fun to serve in secret to show Christ-like love for others.
HERE ARE SOME IDEAS:
- Clean Mom or Dad’s car
- Make someone’s bed and fluff their pillow
At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
- Fold a pile of laundry and put it away
- Vacuum a room
- Wash windows
- Leave a kind note under someone’s pillow
- Pick some flowers and put them in a vase on the table
- Do someone’s chore
- Organize a cupboard in the house
- Keep your room clean all week
- Take out the garbage
- Feed and clean up after your pet
- Draw a picture for someone
- Do your homework without being asked
- Write a letter to a grandparent
- Take a small treat or gift to school and leave in a friends desk
- Set the table for dinner
- Leave a kind note for your teacher
- Organize the refrigerator
- Clean a bathroom
- Put a kind note in a neighbor’s mailbox
What else could you do?
Service in secret is so fun and really exciting. Sneaking around the house, doing kind things, is the best thing of all. You will be making others happy and that is a reward in of itself. Remember to do service with humility, is to do it out of love and not for praise or prize. The good feelings we can create, is all it’s about! So, spread kindness like wild-fire!
GET YOUR SECRET SERVICE IDEA LIST HERE
DAY 13: JESUS CHRIST SHOWED HUMILITY
To see the other day’s themes, see: LIGHT UP THE WORLD: 25 Ways in 25 Days