Over a year ago I was at a blogger’s conference and was offered an opportunity to try an all-natural cream for my daughter’s eczema. Although the cream worked wonderfully, I didn’t feel like my daughter’s case was “extreme” and didn’t want to write a raving blog post about it only to have someone with a more extreme version come to me and say “hey…this actually sucks.”
So I asked if two of my friends (who have kids with extreme cases), could also try it. You can read more about their Eczema experiences here, but long story short, they both LOVED the product and it worked faster and lasted longer than anything else.
Well, fast forward over a year later…I am STILL recommending the Eczema kit to everyone! It’s crazy how well it works not only for eczema, but for a variety of other family skin care problems including cracked hands and heels, xerosis, rosacea, diaper rash, and acne-prone skin.
I’m not going to get into the science of why it works and why there’s nothing else on the market like it, because this blog post isn’t a sales pitch, I’m simply passing on info on a great product in hope that it helps some other people like it has my family and friends. But if you have any skin care issues in your family, you should read up on these products because they are incredible.
***NOTE: FALL IS THE TIME to try this stuff if you haven’t. They always do 25% off for Eczema awareness month. Use coupon code FALL 2016***
After last year’s experience, I have since had 5 other people I know use the product. Here are just a couple of personal stories I wanted to share:
- Children’s Eczema. I have yet to hear anyone that doesn’t like this product, but the ones that rave the most are the parents of children. I was going to share photos of my friend’s boy because it worked so well for him. She had been wanting to try the product for a long time and finally did. However, the biggest problem was on his bottom and all the photos she took had his bum in it. Although she sent the pictures to me no problem, I didn’t feel comfortable sharing child bum photos 🙂 Which is okay, because I think before and after photos can come across as “salesy” anyway. I don’t really feel like I need to prove the product works because the company refunds your money if you aren’t satisfied anyway. I actually ran into Dr. Cheryl Lee randomly once, and once I realized who she was, I was like “I use your product!!!” and shared some stories of some friends it had helped as well. I was really impressed with who she is as a person. She started the skin care line because of children (she’s a dermatologist), and because she had patients that she desperately wanted to find a solution for. She started tearing up telling me about a couple of her patient’s stories (one was a little girl who never wore skirts or dresses because her eczema was so bad). Dr. Lee said, “honestly, I feel like God inspired me towards this discovery to help these kids.” Anyway, I’m a baby and I totally cried, but needless to say…meeting Dr. Lee is so down-to-earth and kind and it was cool to see the background behind why she created these products.
- Diaper Rash. We went on a California trip last year, and long story short…we were horrible parents and one of us thought the other had changed a diaper before taking a long bus ride back to our hotel. Our daughter ended up with a horrible diaper rash. I felt like the world’s worst mom. I pulled out the diaper rash cream and tried it on her skin for the first time (she hardly ever has rashes, so this cream had been sitting in the diaper bag unopened for at least several months). If I were to be truly honest, I didn’t think it would be anything different from your typical diaper rash cream. I was so thrilled when we got ready for a full day at Disneyland the next day and I noticed her rash was GONE! I was so happy. And so totally converted to these skin care products.
- Acne-Prone Skin. One thing that is super awesome about this product is how good it is at balancing the oils in your skin. I can’t honestly give any experience on full-blown acne, but if you have oily skin and tend to get occasional break-outs because of it, you really have to try the Relieve and Protect Ointment Cream! Just put a tiny dab of it on once a day and notice what it does to clear up the oil! Best stuff ever.
- Adult Eczema. Two friends that tried the product were adults with really bad eczema. The first has never been able to wear shorts because his is so bad (his leg is pictured above). His wife emailed me letting me know how much he loved it and that it worked really well for him. I only got to hear about my other friend’s experience very briefly, but his response was that it worked, he just didn’t like having to put it on every day (I’m not sure how consistent he was since the communication was through his mother).
What I’ve learned
- I’ve also tried the TrueLips Lip balm, and to be honest it’s the one thing I didn’t think it was amazing. I have really dry, dry lips so I was excited to try this one. It works for a while, but then my lips just go back to being dry.
- Once you’ve had eczema your whole life, it takes a longer time to completely heal and you’ll need to be on the product for a lot longer, but kid’s are a different story. If you have a child with eczema, it’s important to treat it as young as possible so that it doesn’t stick around. They will heal much faster and much quicker if you take care of it while they are little. I wish I were rich and could go around giving everyone their first round at this product because I love it so much. Especially for kids. Take advantage of this company’s 30-day guarantee and try it on your kid if they have really bad (or even moderate) eczema!
- A little note on the cuts and scrapes ointment: I didn’t know this until recently, but I heard at a conference recently that the majority of people will end up allergic to Neosporin later in life because our bodies create a bacterial resistance to it. Topical triple-antibiotics like Neosporin really should only be used when a wound is truly infected; not for everyday bumps and scrapes like most of us are used to using it for. Everything else can benefit from the cuts and scrapes ointment.
- I’m in a birth forum on Facebook and someone started a thread begging for some suggestions for her kid’s eczema. I quickly shared my experience with the TrueLipids eczema kit, and was surprised to see that a couple other people commented with something along the lines of “I second her comment on the TrueLipids. Only thing that has worked for us.” I kind of though the majority of people haven’t heard of this product yet, but it must be getting around!!!
If you ARE interested in trying any products from the Cheryl Lee MD skin care line, click on the banner below. I’ve arranged a discount for my readers, and the banner below will automatically update your link with the current blogger discount. AND PLEASE….if you do try the products, pretty please come back and tell me about it! I LOVE hearing other people’s stories, plus it helps others who are trying to decide if it’s the best option for their situation! Feel free to email me or comment below!