Healthy hair is important to most women, right? Fall is a great time to focus on getting your hair healthy again because all the sun, swimming and vacations from summer can wreak havoc on our hair.
Here are 10 of my favorite tips for healthy hair:
1. When detangling, work from end to root, rather than root to end.
2. When towel-drying, use a soft t-shirt rather than a towel to prevent breaking and flyaways.
3. Use mostly shampoo on your scalp and conditioner on your ends.
4. Don’t wash your hair in circular motions. This will create tangles.
5. Use baby powder for a cheap dry shampoo. I had a few roommates in college that did this all the time with great success (A little bit harder if you have dark hair).
6. Done with styling? Give it a blast of cool air from your blow dryer to help set the style in place.
7. Rather than buying an expensive treatment, do an oil treatment on your hair using coconut oil
8. Use your old mascara wands (that are clean) to tame flyaways. Add a little hairspray if necessary.
9. Get awesome curls in your hair without using heat by using no-heat curling tools. Your hair will be so much more healthy!
I now use Monat for my hair and am loving what it does for my hair.