This may be Simple, I know… But you can use these darling little Tissue Paper Flowers for so many different occasions:
- Parties of all kinds
- Birthday, Fiestas, Bridal Showers, Kids, Pool, Summer, Spring,
- backdrops for photo shoots (I can’t wait for my daughters 1 year old session with flowers like these).
- Decor in a kids room, or around a mirror
- I’d LOVE to make a bunch of off-white flowers to hang in a room somewhere!
- Tissue paper
- tape, wire, or ribbon to hang flowers
1- Cutting Circles: Fold your tissue paper into half, then half again… and if you’d like one more time.
2- Cut the outer edge like a quarter circle… unfold your tissue paper and see your circle. make sure you are making circles and not squares.
3- Make all different sizes of circles out of your tissue paper.
4- Layer your circles on top of each other. (Photographed here are smaller flowers. My biggest flowers had 8 different layered colors.)
5- Take your circles and fold it in half… then fold it in half a second time. (I tried another fold x3…. and it didn’t look as good or fold as well as just 2 folds).
7- Open your flower up just a bit… and then SCRUNCH IT UP!!! My 2.5 year old LOVED this part!
8- Un-scrunch the flower, and start opening up the layers.
9- Ta Da…. you have fun, easy, fabulous Flowers.
10- Hang, Tape, Drape, Float, and use wherever your hearts desire.
Now, Obviously we were going for FIESTA… for this Bridal Shower. But, like I said above… I’d love to make solid colored flowers like this for a back drop and I’ve also seen cream-white flowers like this in the walls of Anthropology (my favorite store).