Summer is here and with it comes a lot of family vacations and road trips. And a great way to pass time in the car is to listen to audiobooks. So I have compiled a list of top audiobooks that are family friendly just in time for your summer trips. All of these books are available on Audible. You can also try a free one month subscription to Audible and get a FREE book of your choosing.
1. Peter and the Starcatchers: A story about an orphan named Peter on a far away island. This is a best selling children’s novel that acts as a prequel to Peter Pan. This one is definitely full of adventure and imagination.
2. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz: This one may be old but it’s a classic. I didn’t think my three year old daughter would be very interested in this story but she has become fascinated by it. It is also narrated by the wonderful Anne Hathaway.
3. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland: Golden Globe nominee Scarlett Johansson narrates Lewis Carroll’s classic. The story was originally published 150 years ago and tells the story of a girl named Alice falling through a rabbit hole into a fantasy world. Since the movie Alice Through the Looking Glass just came out in theaters, it would be fun to read it before you see it.
4. The Charlie Bone Series: If your family likes Harry Potter, this may be a fun series for you. A story of a young boy with mysterious powers. There are eight books in the series.
5. Michael Vey: A captivating series about a teenager who is diagnosed with Tourette’s syndrome and has the ability to pulse or surge electricity out of the palms of his hands.
6. Ella Enchanted: A cute story about a young woman trying to break a curse and be herself. The story is a retelling of Cinderella and sure to be a hit, especially for the girls of the family.
7. Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events: After Violet, Klaus, and Sunny lose their parents in a fire, they are sent to live with their murderous relative Count Olaf. The series is about them trying to escape from Count Olaf and the unfortunate events that befall them. I grew up reading these books and absolutely loved them.
8. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn: This book by Mark Twain is one of the great american novels. A book full of the adventures of a young boy along the Mississippi River.
9. Harry Potter Series: A very popular series about a boy that finds out he is a wizard and leaves home to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It is one of the top selling book series of all time. The series has seven books which makes it great for the really long road trips or if you have multiple road trips coming up. There are also movies which would be fun to watch after you complete reading the series or after you finish each book.
At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
All you need to do to get set up is: 1. Sign up for your free trial on Audible 2. Download your book to your phone, iPod, iPad or Kindle, and 3. enjoy listening on your road trips. Another fun idea would be to have a special treat or snack once your family gets to a certain point in the book.
Hope you enjoy the list and that you can find something the whole family enjoys!!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Audible. The opinions and text are all mine.