It's fun to see what the new “hot toy” is each year, and the new products that are out. Today I want to feature 4 hot items for this year, followed by toys that are always be popular, no matter what year it is! Hopefully some of these will spark some ideas for those of you that are stumped for gift ideas! And if you are on a low budget this year, check out my previous post on easy ways to come up with extra cash (and gift cards) this season!
Toys That Remain Popular- Toys Kids Actually Play With!
Along with something that is currently trending, I try to get my kids something from the following toy list. Something that seems to be popular with most kids and can be passed down to siblings. Toys you know your kids will play with. If you have something to add to the list, I would love to hear what it is! Make sure you check Zulily for many of these items, as they feature different companies every single day, and I have seen deals on almost every single one of these items.
At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
- Ponies – Including My Little Pony, ponies in general, or horse sets
- Littlest Pet Shops – Over the past 5 years I have helped my siblings find deals on Littlest Pet Shop sets for their kids. I keep waiting for them to outgrow them so that I can give them to my own kids, but every year I ask and every year they tell me they still play with them. I got my daughters the Littlest Pet Shop Jet this year.
- Figurines – including Disney figurines, action figures, and TOOB toys.
- Dolls. I think my daughter has about 8 dolls and she still plays with them. If you have a toddler, something like a learn to dress doll is a good option, or even a Baby Alive. Older girls have always loved the 18-inch dolls.
- Little People Sets and Loving Family Dollhouse sets.
- Doll Houses and Play Sets
- Bikes, Scooters and Ride-Ons. Last year my daughter asked for a trike and she has used it all year. This year she asked Santa for the Radio Flyer EZ-Rider Scooter (She may have included her request to remind Santa in our family prayers tonight). We went ahead and did the Build-a-scooter for her this year so that we could customize it a little bit.
- Trucks, Cars and Hot Wheels – I actually can't remember Christmas without Hot Wheels. My mom always put them in all of our stockings each year. The girls loved them too.
- Play Mats
What Toys Would You Add to the List?