Planning your next trip to Disney? You might want to look at going around Halloween. For one thing, the weather in Southern California is beautiful in the fall. For another thing, Disney has new events that will make Halloween more than just a holiday – but a great big party for the whole family.
This year, the Oogie Boogie Bash at Disney California Adventure Park will replace the previous Mickey’s Halloween Party. Here’s a quick overview of what will be offered:
- Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort will begin September 6 and run through October 31, 2019. Treats, décor, ride overlays and more will be showcased at both Parks.
- Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party will take place in Disney California Adventure Park and replace Mickey’s Halloween Party.
- Dates for the event begin on September 17, 2019 and tickets will only be available through Disney directly beginning April 23rd for passholders, DVC members and Disney Visa Card holders and April 30th for the general public.
- The Oogie Boogie Bash will include the fan-favorite Frightfully Fun Parade and trick-or-treat trails as well as some new immersive entertainment and character encounters.
- Your family can save on your Disneyland vacation with Get Away Today’s 5th Day Free tickets and hotel discounts!
The Oogie Boogie Bash is a totally separate event from park admittance. Among some of the special features at this event include the following:
- Mickey’s Trick or Treat show – This all-new show is perfect for the tiniest trick-or-treaters and is held inside the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land. It is interactive and candy is involved. What’s not to love?
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail – If you think you know this woodsy area of Disney California Adventure Park, think again. It will be completely transformed into a Halloween dreamland with colors, sounds, lights and shadows
- Immersive Treat Trails – No Halloween party is complete without trick-or-treating and the Oogie Boogie Bash takes it to the next level. Not only will you find giant cauldrons full of treats, you will be greeted by iconic characters like the Mad Hatter from Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland” and Oogie Boogie himself – it is his party after all.
- Character encounters – Not only will the villains be out in scores, you’ll also find some of your favorite classic Disney Characters dressed in their Halloween best. You’ll want to have your camera ready to say “cheese!”
What rides are open during Oogie Boogie Bash?
- Most of the attractions at Disney California Adventure Park will be open for the party if they are also open during the day. However, there’s one attraction that is only open at night during Halloween Time and only at Disney California Adventure Park. Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark is coming back this year and will be part of Oogie Boogie Bash. It will also be included as part of the regular Halloween Time during non-party nights.
Don’t get left out of the fun this Halloween. Book your tickets in advance HERE with Get Away Today and you’ll have a spooky good time to look forward to with your family!